Re: http-update

On 3/16/12 5:27 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:
> On 16 March 2012 21:28, Jürgen Jakobitsch<j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at>  wrote:
>
> Yup. I personally reckon SPARQL 1.1 is a big leap forward for RWW.
>
> I've been working against Fuseki, a subproject of Jena that provides a
> SPARQL 1.1 server. The one major thing it doesn't provide out of the
> box is security: graphs are either publicly R/W or just R depending on
> setup.
>
> Also of note over there is a bunch of utility scripts for addressing
> SPARQL 1.1 servers:
> http://incubator.apache.org/jena/documentation/serving_data/soh.html
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.

Danny,

WebID can secure SPARQL endpoints. The fusion of SPARQL and WebID is
something we've been trying to get others to comprehend and adopt since
WebID inception. Being able to perform fine-grained CRUD operations on
DBMS data is fundamental to being taken seriously, especially at the
enterprise level :-)

Right now, we have SPARQL 1.1 implementations emerging that support what
used to be called SPARUL, so far, this is happening modulo WebID, OAuth,
and even Digest authentication most of the time.

How can anyone seriously build a DaaS solution that truly exploits AWWW
modulo WebID ? That's a critical part of an QoS endeavor. You have to be
able to match service consumers to their terms of service, and this can
be as sophisticated as graph traversal paths, inference rules etc..

Anyway, once RWW awakens everyone re. the aforementioned, we should be
able to get more folks to understand what DataDNS (basic Linked Data as
per LOD) and DataGPS (reasoning and rules enhanced LOD) are ultimately
going to deliver.

Founder&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com