Re: RWW-Communications

Am 14.03.2012 21:01, schrieb Melvin Carvalho:

> On 14 March 2012 20:22, Jürgen Jakobitsch <j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at
> <mailto:j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at>> wrote:
>
>     +1 for melvin ( post electoral :) )

+1

> Thanks! :)
>

>     do you think it would be a good idea
>     to set up a google+ page to get news
>     quick and easy to a broader audience
>     (we might also do this for the webID group, actually)
>
>     hangout could also be an alternative to skype for meetings...
>

> That could work.  Though smallish groups like ours (around 30) tend to
> be quite low volume.
>
> A few people on the list are working on read write social solutions (and
> we have an almost working social pane in tabulator) so it could be
> really interesting to try out our own stuff.
>
> Note that there's already an irc at: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#rww
> <http://irc.w3.org:6665/#rww> ... I'll bookmark that one :)
>
> Getting news to a broader audience, we have the blog.  But if there's
> demand we can set up new channels or something less formal or reuse G+
> (I have a G+ acct but am not an expert)
>
> Am happy to help set things up, if you'd like me to, just ping me.

Using social network site silo doesn't follow the "eat your own dog
food" concept, but till everybody has it's own social read write
installation it may be a good way to collect interesting stuff. Danny
Ayers is using in it in a nice way: Small summary in G+ plus a link to
the blog entry. I would expect that many people would follow such a pre
filtered G+ page and that maybe a good chance for them to join discussions.

I don't have access to anything else than http and fixed line telephone
at work. So Hangout will not work at all and Skype only if I can dial in
via fixed line. 18-22 UTC I'm at home, at that time it's not a problem.