Re: RWW Group requires one or more chairs

On 14 March 2012 15:11, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 3/14/12 9:50 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> There is such a requirement.
>>
>> Quoting from:
>> <http://www.w3.org/community/**about/agreements/<http://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/>
>> >

>> [[
>> Community Group Chair(s)
>>
>> Each Community Group must have at least one Chair who is responsible for
>> ensuring the group fulfills the requirements of this document as well as
>> the group’s operational agreements. The participants of the Group choose
>> their Chair(s). The Chair(s) are also the primary contacts for the
>> Community Development Lead.
>> ]]
>>
>> One of the operational requirements for a CG is that we need to be seen
>> to have at least 3 active participants.
>>

>> I'd be happy to volunteer as a chair if no one else wants to step
>> forward.  Or perhaps we could have 2 chairs.
>>
>>  +1 for you as chair :-)

Thank Kingsley, Just reading the through the blurb:

http://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/#choose-chair

Nominating Chairs

Groups nominate their own Chairs and choose their own process for doing so.
One tool that may be useful for this process is a Word Press poll (which is
created via the admin page).

The administrative interface for naming Chair(s) is the group’s
participants page. Only participants (and W3C staff) have access to the
administrative interface and they must be logged in to view and use it.

The administrative interface works as follows:

   - When a group has no Chairs, anyone in the group may select one or more
   Chairs by checking boxes next to the name(s) on the participants page.
   - When a group has already chosen its Chair(s), only the Chair(s)
   themselves see the checkboxes. Only Chairs may add or remove Chairs.
   - W3C Staff have access to the administration interface whether or not
   they are participants in the group.

If anyone has interest in being a chair, just reply to this thread.  :)