Simple Linked Data Publishing For Non Programmers

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:31:32 -0400
To: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>

One of the fundamental misconceptions about Linked Data is the
assumption that Web-scale publication is a complex process, utterly
beyond the capabilities of end-users that are already capable of
creating, editing, and saving a document to a local or network drive.

I've written a detailed post [1] showcasing how anyone can publish
Linked Data via a Turtle document using Web resource storage and sharing
services provided by the likes of: DropBox, Amazon S3, Box.net,
Microsoft SkyDrive, Google Drive, and our own ODS-Briefcase (aka. ODrive).

This guide shows how the following items simply never need to show up at
the front door of Linked Data deployment narratives targeting decision
makers, end-users, and systems integrators (plumbers who mesh or mash
components together):

1. content negotiation
2. httpRange-14 and 303 redirection
3. web server administration.

In a nutshell, Linked Data publishing is much easier than HTML
publishing while also delivering superior benefits re., ability to find
relevant data, information, and knowledge, with ever increasing
precision and serendipity.

1. http://bit.ly/LNIeLj  -- Simple Linked Data Deployment via Turtle
Docs & Storage Services .

Kingsley Idehen