Re: Representing email messages in JSON-LD

From: Dominique Guardiola <dguardiola@quinode.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:23:47 +0200
To: public-rww@w3.org

Le 20 juil. 2012 à 14:30, nil a écrit :

> There now seem to be two
> classes (sioc:MailMessage, nmo:Message) that both have the same
> purpose. Is there a way to "combine" them, so that software
> understanding one, but not the other can take the information it
> understands and ignore the rest?

Hi Niklas
If your class mix brings no contradiction between ontologies, you can do that just by giving the two rdf:type to your resources.

Here you have :

- nmo:Message, a subclass of rdfs:Resource
- sioc:Post, a sioc:Item which is a foaf:Document, which is an owl:Class, which is itself a subclass of rdfs:Class

As rdfs:Class is also a rdfs:Resource... I suppose you can go and add the two types to your resources.

Correct me anyone here if I'm wrong here, I'm no rdfs/owl expert at all !

--
Dominique Guardiola, QUINODE
• http://www.quinode.fr/