Simple but Powerful WebID usecases for RWW

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:23:43 -0400
To: "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>
CC: Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com>
All,

Here is a quick dump of items that should go to a Wiki doc for simple
but powerful WebID usecases re., RWW:

1. email spam reduction (possibly total elimination) -- signed emails
using x.509 certs. with WebID watermarks and S/MIME (we've already
implemented this successfully)

2. resource access control lists -- scoped to a person, group, or
complex rules (only limited by imagination due to power of SPARQL ASK
e.g., my recent posts showcasing SPARQL service control via social
relationships)

3. delegation -- as per Henry's recent post about CORs (which is a big
deal) ditto showcasing how a single relation basically delivers the same
thing as OAuth, but with better AWWW DNA

4. others ..

Then we should also collate bootstrap patterns e.g.,

1. email - encourage everyone to send signed emails also aids WebID
discovery e.g., if I want to add you to an ACL I can just look at the
last signed email you sent me (or a mailing list

2. notification services e.g., semantic pingbacks -- every time you add
someone to an ACL or make a social claim about them a ping out should
occur (in some cases this should trigger a signed email as a compliment) .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO