Re: TPAC Lyon 2012

On 13 Jul 2012, at 20:03, Michiel de Jong wrote:

> as i understand it this would cost 5x45 euros, and most sessions would
> allow observers from a community group like ours, correct? in that
> case, i would love to come!

Indeed. The sessions for our groups would be 2 days max I think so
more like 2x45, but of course it's also a good occasion to attend
other meetings.

http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/#fees

> what do the group meetings entail, are they like actual meetings with
> an agenda and votes and stuff? or is it more like a conference with
> talks by topic experts and q&a etcetera? just to get a rough idea of
> what to expect.

I think that is something we need to organise. I think we should have
some hands on sessions, meetings with other groups, and cover some interesting
protocols that are coming up on this list, e.g.:
 - pingback
 - access control
 - delegation
 - ... (fill in here)

> cheers,
> Michiel
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>> From 29 October to 2 November 2012 the W3C Technical Plenary will be taking place in Lyon [1].
>>
>> I think this would be a great time for the RWW & WebID community groups to meet, and potentially to also interact with the Linked Data Profile (LDP) [2] group members, as well as with the LinkedData members and others (security perhaps, federated social web community groups?). I think that by October we should have some really cool demos working, and this could be a great time to discuss implementations, standardisation proposals, and much else...
>>
>> At last week's LDP teleconf I brought this up, and there was interest in this there.
>>
>> So assuming this could be made to happen ( there is room issue that needs to be looked at ), I have been asked how many people would be willing to come to Lyon, France for that time? Could you let me know here (or privately) if you would consider coming - and what you would like to discuss and see happen there?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>        Henry Story
>>

>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter.html