Re: Use Cases and Requirements document for WebID

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2012, at 16:15, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > For what it's worth, I had flushed some ideas at [1].
>
> These seem relevant
>
> Use-Cases:
>         • referring to one's identity
>         • WebID-based authentication
>         • WebID-based authorization
> Requirements:
>         • one MUST be able to change one's WebID
>         • one MUST distinguish a WebID (a simple URI for a Web Resource)
> from a WebID Profile (the Web Information Resource). This SHOULD not rely
> on dereferencing.
>         • the system MUST take efficiency into account
>         • the system MUST not introduce any incompatility with LDP,
> especially for Write operations
>         • the Web Profile MUST define a default representation format
>         • the system SHOULD considerer legacy WebIDs (or FOAF/SSL)
> whenever possible

I completely agree with all points here.

It seems to me that we may need to put WebAccessControl into the WebID
> group, as it
> is very tied to authentication and so to WebID-Authentication over TLS,
> and is one of
> the key use cases for WebID.

I agree with mentioning WAC, though not in the identity/profile spec. That
spec should always be very very simple. Maybe we can put WAC in a "Use
cases and requirements" spec (similar to LDP's), as Henry suggested to me.

Also, I believe that pingback and mail are more related to the RWW realm,
so we should move to the RWW list when discussing them.

Andrei