Re: Brainstorming the Augmented Reality Create Message Use Case

On 12/4/12 7:03 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 2 December 2012 21:33, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
> <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 12/2/12 1:04 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>         I was wondering if it were possible to brainstorm the use case
>         that Christene presented earlier today.  Click on the pdf for
>         full details.
>
>         Is there a standard ontology that can model this?  Maybe
>         combine it with linkedgeodata? (cc'd)
>
>         http://www.perey.com/ARStandards/AR_Create_Use_Case.pdf
>
>         User Story
>
>         User is walking down the road with an AR enabled device.  User
>         wants to leave a message to express themselves in some way.
>
>         Decide if public or private message.  Anonymous or signed.
>
>         Create the message and position it (or vice/versa)
>
>         Another person comes along and discovers and consumes the
>         original message in registration with the real world.  (Live
>         AR View)
>

>     In a nutshell, an awesome use-case for RWW functionality. Ditto
>     crowd-sourced data curation etc.
>
>     All the data ends up in an ACL protected document. Pingback
>     notifications can also be automatically triggered to a social network.
>

> So what is the payload for the document?
>
> Message
> Coordinates
> User
> Created Date
>
> Anything else?

Nothing else, subject to what the document author wants to place in the
doc or what a chosen ontology/vocabulary might require. Key thing is
that the ACL on the doc will trigger a pingback to the entities (e.g.
foaf:Group membership) associated with the ACLs, as long as the
identifier denoting each entity resolves to a graph that includes a
pingback endpoint. No different to how "friending" pings are sent out.
Ditto notices you might receive whenever I share a resource to the ACL
that you are a member of etc.

This is basically an RWW-0 pattern with pingbacks enabled. Net effect,
this kind of Linked Data aware AR app basically enables its host to play
the role of a Strar Trek style Tricorder :-)

Kingsley