W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rww@w3.org > August 2012

Timbl talking at CampusParty 2012

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 16:42:04 +0200
Message-ID: <CAKaEYhLeFmRet1unrMGzVs_J-nsUfdW0GpWN-7oUaSHWZBLnLg@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
Talking to a sold out house of 10,000.

Great speech, some take aways:


== Introduction ==

- Exciting year 2012, Open Web Platform, Web Applications, HTML5

- Native apps are not part of the web, they have no URL

- Give something a URL to become part of the discourse of humanity

- New APIs for cameras, accelerometers, location, offline use


== Design and Standards ==

- Hackers, get involved with Web standards, sign up for groups at w3.org,
help out

- Web Standards is the art of consensus, listening to other people

- Important work around acesss control, security and privacy

- Important work on how to make apps talk to each other

- Make your platforms and designs decentralized

- Internationalization and make things accessible to people with
disabilities


== Free Platform ==

- Free Content doesn't mean without payment, but free as available for
everybody

- Try to avoid the closed model, keep tracking what's going on

- Freedom not to be spied on.  Privacy.  Do Not Track

- The web reaches 25% of the planet, what about the other 75%?

- Have a great time programming with other people!


== From the Questions ==

- Would like to see http become P2P when internet is disrupted

- HTTPS becoming more popular, possible to augment certificate system

- Web allows innovation to happen quickly, helps disrupts monopolies

- Perhaps native apps and web apps will merge into one space

- Start coding up Web App, start writing about them, make specs!

- KUTGW!



... and much more ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL_A3e_jmYQ&feature=plcp
Received on Saturday, 25 August 2012 14:42:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 25 August 2012 14:42:44 GMT