Using WebID and Linked Data to drive Data Space signup and login modality

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:34:30 -0400
To: "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>, lod2 <lod2@lists.informatik.uni-leipzig.de>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
All,

Here is another addition to my practical Linked Data and WebID
exploitation re. the Read-Write aspect of the Web.

Scenario:

I have a personal data space on the Web, I want to control the following:

1. who can signup (register)
2. how they signup -- in this case, they must have a WebID (just one of
many rules)
3. how they login -- in this case I've opted to allow members login
using WebID or Digest Authentication (again, this is just one of many
rules).

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/Posose -- post about constraining data space signup ad
login modlity via WebID and Linked Data exploitation
2. https://plus.google.com/s/%23webid%20acls%20idehen -- others posts
associated with the same WebID and Linked Data exploitation theme re.
Read-Write Web matters.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen