Re: Building a paid App Market

On Aug 8, 2012 2:36 PM, "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho@gmail.com
> Payswarm on the telecon yesterday said it may be quite easy to get a
> proof of concept going with their code already

We just released a new version of the PaySwarm reference implementation
a few hours ago that is capable of providing payments for HTML5 Web apps
as well as in-app payments.

This release includes documentation on the PaySwarm REST API:

https://dev.payswarm.com/docs

There is quite a bit more to the REST API than is documented... we'll
try to document more as the weeks go on. However, what we've released so
far is already capable of implementing most of the payment portion of
what you guys have discussed on the list so far. You just need the one
call to /transactions.

There is code with examples on how to use the REST API from the command
line here:

https://github.com/digitalbazaar/payswarm.js/tree/master/examples

There's an implementation for Wordpress (in PHP) here:

https://github.com/digitalbazaar/payswarm-wordpress

and a demo of the code above here:

http://payswarm.com/wiki/WordPress_Recipes_Demo

I'll try to put together a proposal over the next couple of days and
send it to the mailing list. I don't think it would be much work to
setup a demo HTML5 Web App that somebody purchases. We should also be
able to demo in-app payments with a tiny bit of extra work.

In the mean time, if you're interested in the Web Payments stuff, you
may want to also join the Web Payments Community Group:

http://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/

and also join the mailing list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments/

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Which is better - RDFa Lite or Microdata?
http://manu.sporny.org/2012/mythical-differences/