Re: Building a paid App Market

On 7 August 2012 16:05, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 8/7/12 9:10 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> Now that we have a few social systems progressing nicely.
>>
>> Do people think it's the right time to start working on a paid app market.
>>
>> The idea of the web as the intersection of information spaces, could
>> apply to apps too.  ie to make apps that are as compatible as possible with
>> other app eco systems, but also to allow you to 'deploy to the web', and
>> add in a payment system to encourage people to build apps.
>>
>> Perhaps it might be possible to hook in payswarm as a possible payments
>> system.
>>
>> If anyone is interested in this idea, it's something I'd be happy to work
>> on, with maybe trying to get a proof of concept ready by end of next month
>> in time for TPAC.
>>
>> Any thoughts, design ideas, issues?
>>

> Interested in the idea, but need specifics fleshed out re. roles of WebID,
> ACLs, and Certificates as license mechanism etc..

Just a FYI: "App.net is not vaporware" -- a post by Dalton Caldwell

http://daltoncaldwell.com/appnet-is-not-vaporware

They've raised over $200,000 and on their way to funding target.

The idea of a web app market should be one of cooperation, of course, to
make the Web itself the intersection of app ecosystems ...