Fwd: What are the repetitive bits you do?

FYI

This is one way of doing updates in a data space, using HTTP PATCH

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: 16 September 2011 23:13
Subject: Re: What are the repetitive bits you do?
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

On 12 September 2011 08:41, Sebastian Tramp
<tramp@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 03:46:48AM +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:
>
>> What I want to ask is what you find yourself doing a lot, stuff that
>> could maybe be wrapped into a couple of key presses.
>
> Hi Danny,
>
> the tasks I do very often in the context of Linked Data / Semantic Web
> are packed into rdf.sh [1] and I add new tasks on a regular base ...
>
> Best regards
>
> Sebastian Tramp
>
> 1. https://github.com/seebi/rdf.sh

Thanks!  I'm using this quite a lot now.

Here's one I like:

curl -X PATCH -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{
 "http://melv.data.fm/test.ttl#me": {
   "http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/givenname" : [ { "value" : "Melvin",
"type" : "literal" } ]
 }
} ' melv.data.fm/test.ttl

This will send an HTTP PATCH update to change one triple in a file in
my data space.  It's useful when you want to use The Web as a
persistent store.