Re: RWW Challenge : Creating a decentralized Social Net by Year End

From: Sherman Monroe <sdmonroe@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:59:38 -0500
To: elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Cc: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
I really like this foafpress.org, and I would have suggested this very same
UI/UX techinque, had I not already implemented this exact same approach
myself. If you make only the following three modifications:

   1. instead of static labels like *About*, *Contacts*, *Activity*, you
   instead make those labels read as SPARQL paths to that list of content, for
   example, contacts = subject;foaf:mbox+subject:foaf;phone; and then load
   that list by executing the query represented by that path
   2. instead of vanilla presentation of each list, you instead determine
   how the list is presented by searching the global graph for JS "viewer"
   methods which know how to handle list of items produced by the viewer's
   path, by linking itself to the terminal property of the viewer's path, or
   the class type of the result (i.e. the viewer fetches JS methods
that q:handles
   3. give user a text field at top which allows them to enter either a URI
   from which to begin exploration, or a path to focalize on a set of

...then what you have is the prototype I've created called qanvas.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 4:17 AM, elf Pavlik

> Excerpts from Melvin Carvalho's message of 2011-09-14 00:59:27 +0200:
> > Something we've talked about for a while.
> >
> > Do we think the majority of members of this group can become part of a
> > decentralized social net by end of year?
> >
> > I think must haves are:
> > 1. Status updates
> > 2. Wall posts
> > 3. Follow your nose from your FOAF
> >
> > 1,2 should be self explanatory.  (3)  Here's an example from my home
> page:
> >
> > http://melvincarvalho.com/
> I like your 'profile' page, do you know work of haschke on
> http://foafpress.org ?
> >
> > A) Click on "RDF"
> > B) Click on one of the foaf : knows
> >
> > Keep browsing, "follow your nose" ... and we have a read only social net.
> >
> > Can we make it read write by 31st December?

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from
the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of
(James 1:17)