Re: Triple Access Control

On 1 September 2011 01:24, bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org> wrote:
> I have already mentioned the vocab I'm using for triple access control
> on the RWW blog.

Link? (You did press "Publish"?)
This topic is obviously very relevant to the group so I've added a
page on the Wiki for links & notes :
http://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/AccessControl

My first impressions are that the modelling makes sense - I do like
the idea of have granular access down to the triple level. I assume
acl:Control is about being about to modify the ACL itself.

How would you go about implementing a control system/the access
itself? The triple-level bit does complicate matters, I can only think
you'd let the user supply a 'proposed changes' graph (either as a
SPARQL update or something like Talis' changeset graph) and check
individual triple changes against the ACL.

An alternate approach might be to maintain the graphs over which
access control is needed as a set of one-triple (or slightly more :)
named graphs. I'm currently playing with Fuseki and I reckon this
would be straightforward there as you can configure the SPARQL engine
to see the default graph as the union of all the named graphs.
(Although Fuseki itself doesn't yet have any kind of access
control/security).

Cheers,
Danny.

--