Re: Using Twitter as an IdP space for WebID

Hello Kingsley,

this is a good Idea but I would call this TwitterID and not WebID.
What is the connection to linked data ? I thought WebID was FOAF + SSL.
Or is WebID about promoting the use of X.509 certificates in general ?

You are using http://twitter.com/{your-twitter-handle}#this
Are you again creating URIs in other peoples namespaces ? Maybe you should
omit the hashtag in the subject alternative name.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 05:07:27PM -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> All,
>
> Here is a guide that shows how you can make a security token with a
> WebID watermark that leverages Twitter as an IdP space.
>
> This is about persisting Cert. Fingerprints to a Tweet and then
> leveraging Twitter's API within our WebID authentication handler which
> includes the option to perform a fingerprint comparison where the
> modulus and exponent comparison is typically performed.
>
> Link: http://goo.gl/FFsjv .
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> President&  CEO
> OpenLink Software
> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: kidehen

++  Michael Brunnbauer
++  netEstate GmbH
++  Geisenhausener Straße 11a
++  81379 München
++  Tel +49 89 32 19 77 80
++  Fax +49 89 32 19 77 89
++  E-Mail brunni@netestate.de
++  http://www.netestate.de/
++
++  Sitz: München, HRB Nr.142452 (Handelsregister B München)
++  USt-IdNr. DE221033342
++  Geschäftsführer: Michael Brunnbauer, Franz Brunnbauer
++  Prokurist: Dipl. Kfm. (Univ.) Markus Hendel