Re: RWW Challenge : Creating a decentralized Social Net by Year End

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 20:18:04 +0200
To: public-rww@w3.org
On 14 September 2011 00:59, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> Something we've talked about for a while.
>
> Do we think the majority of members of this group can become part of a
> decentralized social net by end of year?
>
> I think must haves are:
> 1. Status updates
> 2. Wall posts
> 3. Follow your nose from your FOAF
>
> 1,2 should be self explanatory.  (3)  Here's an example from my home page:
>
> http://melvincarvalho.com/
>
> A) Click on "RDF"
> B) Click on one of the foaf : knows
>
> Keep browsing, "follow your nose" ... and we have a read only social net.
>
> Can we make it read write by 31st December?

I'd forgotten about this excellent paper, which describes the social
read write web.

It covers
1. Profiie
2. Personal Wall
3. Photos
4. News Feed

http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2007/tab/snapshot

I think profile is done.

Maybe its time to flesh out personal wall / news feed?

Development since last post:

I now have a dataspace (copy of data.fm) hosted on my local pc with
dyn dns (it's really fast!).  I should be ready for interaction with
any other data spaces now.  I just need to know what triples to send
where...

Anyone else ready to interact?

Only 3 months to year end!