Re: Getting the Address Book to work with read-write-web servers

Thanks for that info Toby.

I have just been really busy rewriting, clarifying and simplifying the WebID spec which is now up

  http://webid.info/spec

There are ontology changes which people need to take care of! Please rewrite all rdf serialisers to produce that output.

As you can see from the diff of the read-write-web spec where I implemented the above one can now remove a lot of code

  https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/read-write-web/changeset/9993d3594e1a

I need to rewrite some of my apps now. I'll be back to access control real soon again...

On 13 Nov 2011, at 01:53, Toby Inkster wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:44:13 +0200
> Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
>> 1. POSTing a SPARQL query or update on an rdf resource updates it
>
> Seen this? http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-http-rdf-update/ Summary...

A very useful link.

> (and where I say text/turtle, assume other RDF is allowed too)
>
> 1. retrieve a graph:
>   GET /resource
> 2. create or replace a graph:
>   PUT /resource

yep, we were discussing PATCH with Sebastian a month or so ago, I did not
realise it was specced.

the scala read-write-web currently does POSTs of SPARQL update on a resource.
Perhaps PATCH is better.

> My current DataWiki implementation supports all of the above, plus:
>
> 6. otherwise modify a graph (alternative):
>   POST /resource
>   query=...
> 10. query (alternative 2)
>   GET /resource?query=...