Re: Social Semantic SPARQL Security for Access Control Vocabulary

Hi Kingsley, Bob,
sorry for the broken link.

On 9/21/2011 6:24 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 9/21/11 10:17 AM, Bob Ferris wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> here is another access control vocabulary with a special focus on the
>> Social Web, see:
>>
>> - "Social Semantic Web Access Control" [1]
>> - Social Semantic SPARQL Security for Access Control Vocabulary
>> specification [2]

Another reference to our work is "An Access Control Model for Linked Data" [3]

>> 4. Overall the vocabulary looks a bit over-engineered and could be
>> simplified here and there

Version 0.2 of S4AC is on-line at http://ns.inria.fr/s4ac/
In this new version, the vocabulary has been simplified a bit, and a different way of treating the
contextual information has been proposed.

>> 1. sioc:item relationships:
>> - I do not really understand the rdfs:subClassOf sioc:Item relations
>> for s4ac:Condition and s4ac:AccessPrivilege

In version 0.2, the class s4ac:Condition has been removed, to simplify the model.
However, s4ac:AccessPrivilege and s4ac:AccessCondition are still subclasses of sioc:Item.
This is mainly to inherit properties, such as sioc:has_creator establishing a link to foaf:OnlineAccount :
this can be useful to consider the relationships among the users as in social networks. Indeed, the name
of the s4ac vocabulary itself is "Social Semantic [...]" thus it is linked to the social dimension modeled by sioc.

>> 2. I like the idea of exceptions there a bit, see
>> s4ac:hasPositiveException, s4ac:hasNegativeException, ...

Negative and positive exceptions are then implemented as SPARQL 1.1 FILTER clauses.
Thus, these two properties have been removed in version 0.2 to simplify the model.
An example of this kind of exceptions is

ASK { FILTER(! (?user= <http://MyExample.net#serena>))}

>> [1] http://sdow.semanticweb.org/2011/pub/sdow2011_paper_5.pdf >> [2] http://ns.inria.fr/s4ac >>
>>

> Getting 404 re: http://ns.inria.fr/s4ac/v1/s4ac.rdf :-(

Further comments are welcome!