Re: question about rules where the conclusions are rules

Thanks Pascal; that is very helpful!

Pascal Hitzler <hitzler@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Sent by: public-rule-workshop-discuss-request@w3.org
23/10/2005 14:15
Please respond to hitzler

        To:     public-rule-workshop-discuss@w3.org
        cc:     (bcc: Jos De_Roo/AMDUS/MOR/Agfa-NV/BE/BAYER)
        Subject:        Re: question about rules where the conclusions are rules

jos.deroo@agfa.com wrote:
> how does one call rules written in the form of A => (B => (C => D))
> which is of course the same as (A & B & C) => D
> but I was just wondering wether there was a special name for the former
> form..

It's called "nested" rules or "rules with nested expressions" in some
communities. It needs to be asked what the semantics of such rules is -
usually it's defined via so-called Lloyd-Topor transformations (what you
state is one of them).

Best Regards,

Pascal.

--
Dr. Pascal Hitzler
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, 76128 Karlsruhe