Re: question about rules where the conclusions are rules

From: Pascal Hitzler <hitzler@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:15:55 +0200
To: public-rule-workshop-discuss@w3.org

jos.deroo@agfa.com wrote:
> how does one call rules written in the form of A => (B => (C => D))
> which is of course the same as (A & B & C) => D
> but I was just wondering wether there was a special name for the former
> form..

It's called "nested" rules or "rules with nested expressions" in some
communities. It needs to be asked what the semantics of such rules is -
usually it's defined via so-called Lloyd-Topor transformations (what you
state is one of them).

Best Regards,

Pascal.

--
Dr. Pascal Hitzler
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, 76128 Karlsruhe