Can a RSP Engine merge RDF graphs? was Re: RSP Data Model

Dear  Tara and  dear all,
Sorry for coming a bit late into the discussion. I would like to stress
on the RDF1.1 dataset examples while this is not really a topic for the
RSP WG but it may influence its development.

Would be a RSP engine allowed to merge graphs?

Merging will still allow reasoning about graphs (as introduced by
http://wifo5-03.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/bizer/SWTSGuide/carroll-ISWC2004.pdf
) but will also give more reasoning power to any RSP engine.

Merging does not disallow a stream engine to use only graph based
entailment nor to reason about graphs.

Of course, timestamped graphs cannot be merged exactly like not
timestamped ones e.g., to merge

  (ex:g1 time:at "2015-05-30T09:00:00"^^xsd:dateTime")

  (ex:g2 time:before "2015-06-01T07:00:00"^^xsd:dateTime")

would require some effort, possibly a time interval logic (such as Allen
Interval algebra http://www.ics.uci.edu/~alspaugh/cls/shr/allen.html )

Sincerely yours,
Adrian Giurca

--