Re: W3C RSP community Group phone call

Dear All

My name is Lorenz and I am a PhD student at the University of Zurich under
the supervision of Avi Bernstein. I am a member of the Dynamic and
Distributed Systems Group and I am currently working on scheduling
strategies for distributed linked data stream processing systems. We will
present the current state of our work at the SSWS workshop [1] as well as
in a poster [2] at ISWC.

I look forward to the call this afternoon.

Best,
Lorenz

[1] http://www.ssws-ws.org/SSWS2013/index.html
[2] http://iswc2013.semanticweb.org/content/posters/26

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Emanuele Della Valle <
emanuele.dellavalle@polimi.it> wrote:

>  Dear all,
>
>  I'm Emanuele Della Valle, assistant professor at Politecnico di Milano.
> I work in the DB group lead by prof. Stefano Ceri. I co-invented the term
> Stream Reasoning [1] and I'm happy to see that so many research groups
> picked up (and keep extending) the Stream Reasoning research agenda [2].
>
>  My research group in Politecnico di Milano defined the RDF stream data
> type and the C-SPARQL language [3], it implemented and keeps maintaining
> the C-SPARQL Engine [4], it proposed an optimisation for incremental
> reasoning on RDF streams under RDFS++ entailment regime [5] and it put all
> this at work in award winning Social Media Analytics applications [6]. More
> recently, I've been working on benchmarking RDF stream Processors [7] and
> on RESTful services for RDF stream Processors [8].
>
>  I hope that this body of work, together with the RDF stream models, the
> continuous query languages and the systems available from other members of
> the group, can serve as starting points for the work to be done in the
> group. I would like to see industrial uptake of RDF stream Processors in
> the next years.
>
>  Best Regards,
>
>  Emanuele
>
>  [1] http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-00985-3_6
> [2] http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MIS.2009.125
> [3] http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1860702.1860705
> [4] http://streamreasoning.org/download/csparqlreadytogopack
> [5] http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-13486-9_1
> [6] http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.websem.2012.06.004
> [7] http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-38288-8_21
> [8]
> http://www.iswc2013.semanticweb.org/sites/default/files/iswc_poster_8.pdf
>

>  On Aug 24, 2013, at 12:49 AM, Jean-Paul <jp.calbimonte@upm.es> wrote:
>
>  Dear all,
>
>  After receiving your availability data the most suitable datetime for
> the phone call is: Wed 11 Sept, 15:00 CEST.
>
>  The agenda items for the moment are:
>
>  - RSP CG introduction & goals
> - Members presentation
> - Expected Reports & Specs
> - F2F meeting
> - Set up periodic calls
>
>  If you want to add something to this quick list jut share it.
>
>  Thanks a lot and see you.
> Jean-Paul
>

>  PS: By the way we can already start presenting ourselves:
>
>  I'm Jean-Paul Calbimonte, postdoc at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
> (OEG UPM). I have worked on data access and querying for streaming data
> sources, including those coming from sensors among others, using semantic
> technologies. We have worked previously at UPM on streaming extensions for
> SPARQL (SPARQLStream) and this is one of the reasons why we are interested
> in collaborating in this community group. We have also worked on SRBench
> and other benchmarking efforts during the last year, collaborating with
> other research groups.
>

> 2013/8/9 Jean-Paul <jp.calbimonte@upm.es>

> [...]

Lorenz Fischer, Ph.D. Student
Department of Informatics
Dynamic and Distributed Information Systems
Binzmuehlestrasse 14
CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland
+41 44 63 57131 Phone
http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/ddis/people/lfischer.html