Re: Review XML Data in RIF

Sorry, didn't have a chance to look at it before, but the whole purpose of
defining the models is so that then one could define entailment. Without the
entailment there is not much use for the notion of a model.

Regarding the notion of entailment, I think it is not quite correct (Definition
Logical entailment in a RIF BLD+XML data combination). We should be talking about one BLD+XML combo <phi,E,S> entailing another, <psi,E',S>.
Perhaps actually just entailing psi. Just phi entailing psi seems incorrect.

My understanding is that the XML part, E, is just another form of data, ie, a
bunch of facts.
So, we should be definitely talking about <phi,E,S> entailing something.
Now, the question is what exactly do we want to entail? I think psi should be a
query, ie, a BLD body formula. Do we want to entail a piece of XML as well?
I am not sure. We need to see a use case of what exactly the intent is.

So, I take the approval in my previous message back. I think we need to clarify
this point.

michael