Re: please look over pubs, esp changelogs

Thanx, Sandro. Then, I will leave the changelog of PRD as it is, if nobody
objects.

Cheers,

Christian

IBM
9 rue de Verdun
94253 - Gentilly cedex - FRANCE
Tel. +33 1 49 08 35 00
Fax +33 1 49 08 35 10

From:
Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
To:
Christian De Sainte Marie/France/IBM@IBMFR
Cc:
public-rif-wg <public-rif-wg@w3.org>, public-rif-wg-request@w3.org
Date:
22/06/2010 07:58

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 05:51 -0500, Christian De Sainte Marie wrote:

> Hi Sandro,
>
> Sandro wrote on 22/06/2010 01:15:16:
> >
> > Please look over the docs asap for any showstopper problems.  I
> think
> > some of the changelogs are slightly wrong (not updated for Rec).
>
> Going back to when do we have to track changes in the change log? PR,
> CR, LC?
>
> If it is PR and there is no change do we leave the empty changelog, or
> do we remove the section altogether?

I think there should always be a changelog, even if it says "No
changes."  I would keep enough of a changelog to have 5-20 items or 1/4
to 1/2 a page, if printed.  If it's much longer than that, I'd trim it
to the changes of just the most recent publication round(s).

This is supported by the SOTD text, as in:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-rif-bld-20100622/#status-changes

   -- Sandro

Compagnie IBM France
Siege Social : 17 avenue de l'Europe, 92275 Bois-Colombes Cedex
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 611.451.766,20 ?
SIREN/SIRET : 552 118 465 03644