Re: RIF-in-RDF: Requirement 4 [Switching to KR Argument]

OK, I think I am getting closer. You should have started with this.
So, it is not a matter of inference and its completeness but rather
of which rule exactly a particular RDF graph encodes, right?

That is, if we do not use lists explicitly in RDF then there is no way to encode

    a&b&c=>d

correctly? That it will be instead be encoding a set of rules that in addition
includes  a&b=>d, a&c=>d, a=>d, etc.

This looks like a strong argument. I haven't thought about it.

Dave, Harold, do you see a way around this problem?

michael