AW: [PRD] Rule instances, refraction and Modify [Was: Re: Fwd: Clips behavior]

Hi,

We had test cases which point out this semantic difference between an atomic
modify and an assert+retract combination.

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/AssertRetract

and modify

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Modify

If modify is not considered as atomic transaction and triggers negated rules
we need to adapt the semantics to avoid loops. However then it does not make
sense to have a "syntactic sugar" construct such as modify.

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/AssertRetract2

-Adrian