Re: [RIF] Proposed object-oriented extension of Core (and BLD and PRD)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:45:13 -0700
"Paul Vincent" <pvincent@tibco.com> wrote:

> Christian – let me know if you would like me to “attempt to improve the readability” of RIF-OO
> proposal.

Christian's second attempt was much more successful, so I understood (I think)
what he wants to do. But the approach taken in the document does not lead
anywhere as far as I can see.

> Michael – does your work on F-Logic –e.g.
>  http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~kifer/TechReports/flogic.pdf - help with the frame
>  to/from object mapping + representation issues?  I’m wondering if there your
>  past work here could be a “shortcut” to solving/achieving the
>  RIF-for-objects dilemma/goal (by which of course I really mean RIF-for-Java,
>  C#, C++ etc).

From what I could understand from Christian's second message, the issue boils
down to typing/cardinality and actions. So, yes, F-logic solves the first part
of it and Transaction Logic solves the other part.

But doing things in the framework of PRD directly would shortcut the whole
thing and should be relatively easy. The logics are needed only if we want to
have a more general approach, which can be shared with other dialects. This,
however, is not a simple task.

regards
michael