Re: [RIF] Proposed object-oriented extension of Core (and BLD and PRD)

Christian,

Your proposal [2]'s motivation/intro is completely disconnected from your
proposed semantics.
Worse, I had really hard time parsing your introduction and the desiderata, and
some aspects of your desiderata indicate that what you are trying to do cannot
be given a model-theoretic semantics the way you have attempted.

Given such an ill-defined language and desiderata, I object that it will have
the term "Core" anywhere in it or implied by it.

I was trying to come up with a list of questions to you, but then I discovered
that I have a question about almost every sentence in you introduction because
most are extremely vague.

From the general spirit of your introduction (from what I think the spirit is,
anyway), it seems that you are talking about the simple mechanism of
cardinality constraints, which I proposed to add to BLD quite a while ago, but
nobody was interested. Or maybe you are talking about types (which I also
offered to add long ago). Or maybe both types and cardinality. I really won't
know until I understand what you are trying to do.

I also have a procedural question here. I thought that we are in the
maintenance mode where we are trying to shepherd the existing documents to
the recommendation status. If we are going to introduce new documents and give
them our official blessing then there are much better worked out proposals,
which we could bless instead. These include logic programming dialects with the
stable and well-founded semantics.

michael