uris in RDF imports test cases

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: testcases, turtle, Jena
To: Stella Mitchell <stellamit@gmail.com>

[This should be on the public list.  Feel free to forward or quote my
text, here, on the wg list.]

> Jena says the uris in the imported file in (e.g.) this testcase [1] are
not
> valid.  Should I change them to be  (e.g.)
> http://example.org#a <http://example.org/#a><http://example.org/#a>,
> which Jena is happy with?

Yeah, I think so.  Looking at the specs, I'm not sure Jena is 100% right
to reject those [1], but we want Jena (and similar systems) to be able
to pass these test cases, and it's probably a lot easier to change our
tests than those systems, so I think it makes sense to change them.

Also, it's W3C policy [2] to use example.(org,net,com) for examples, and
these are a lot like examples.

   -- Sandro

[1] I'm looking at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt and noting that
   the use of DNS names is a "should":

  A URI resolution implementation might use DNS, host tables, yellow
  pages, NetInfo, WINS, or any other system for lookup of registered
  names.  ...  URI producers should use names that conform to the DNS
  syntax ...

    ... and it's not even clear DNS names have to have the dot.

[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#Examples

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RDF_Combination_Constant_Equivalence_1