Re: EBNF grammar of presentation syntax

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:36:18 +0100
Cc: "Stella Mitchell" <stellamit@gmail.com>, "RIF \(E-mail\)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
To: "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>

On 30 Sep 2009, at 16:54, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> > The easiest and quickest way around this is:
> >
> > change:
> >    Name:=  NCName
> >    Name:=  NCName | ('"' UNICODESTRING '"')
> >
> > any objections against this?
> What if the variable name has a double-quote character in it?
> (As far as I know, the PS can't handle the even xs:strings with quotes
> in them.  This is part of the why the PS isn't real.)

That problem was solved a while ago:

"UNICODESTRING, any Unicode string where quotes are escaped and
additionally all the other escape sequences defined in http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#grammarEscapes
  and http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#codepointEscape."

Indeed, however, BLD and FLD didn't define a production or point to
the UNICODESTRING definition DTB, actually
that was inconsistent, I just fixed that, check:

BTW, I realize that we still had the old version of the Name
production in the appendix of FLD and BLD,
but before I fix it there, we need agreement that

    Name:=  NCName | ('"' UNICODESTRING '"')

is ok.

>    - s

Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,