review OWL2RL in RIF

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:16:09 +0200
To: RIF <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
I have reviewed the OWLRL/RIF document.  I think it can be published as
first public working draft.  However, it would be good to consider the
below comments before publication:

1- I suggest to mention the two kinds of OWL 2 RL implementations (fixed
rulesets and template instantiation) both in the abstract and
introduction, to make the document easier to read.  I think references
to the appendices in the introduction would also be appropriate, for
those readers who who are not interested in discussions of the issues,
but rather want to see the implementation immediately.
2- The end of Section 2 is a bit awkward.  Some concluding statements
would be appropriate.
3- section 3: which entailment notion for RIF-RDF combinations is
referred to here?  Is this RIF-Simple-entailment? [[SWC#def-simple-entails]]
4- The translation does not consider plain literals with language tags;
they should be translated typed literals with type rdf:PlainLiteral.
5- the editor's note in section 4.4.3 has not yet been addressed.

--
Jos de Bruijn            debruijn@inf.unibz.it
+390471016224         http://www.debruijn.net/