[RIF] public comment about test cases

From: Stella Mitchell <stellamit@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 23:50:53 -0400
To: RIF <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
There's a public comment [1] about syntax errors in some BLD test
cases; it's about the location and profile elements, which underwent a
change of xml syntax at F2F13.

These errors don't exist in the subdirectories of the repository, so I
think Alexandre must have downloaded the approved-bld.zip file, which
I neglected to update when we published the recent test document WD,
sorry. I now uploaded updated zip files.

Sandro, the test document currently says we will provide such zip
files, and I think Alexandre used it, so I uploaded new copies. But
you recently commented that you don't think these zip files will be
useful; I'm not sure if you wanted to discontinue them or not.

Alexandre's comment reminds me of another problem, which is that the
PRD schema differs from the Core/BLD schemas on the profile and
location constants. This has been discussed several times, most
recently in [2], but hasn't been resolved yet. The way things are, the
Core test cases (which are also PRD test cases) fail validation by the
PRD schema.

Stella

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-comments/2009Oct/0009.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Sep/0006.html