Re: (poll) renaming rdf:text to rdf:plainLiteral

On 23 May 2009, at 05:28, Ivan Herman wrote:

> One step further: why having this thing in the rdf namespace? I must
> admit I was always a bit uneasy about using the rdf namespace for
> that in the past, but I accepted. But it started as a 'thing' that
> seemed to be a common need for RIF and OWL, and we may want to keep
> it that way.
>
> It could be in the OWL or the RIF namespace or has a namespace of
> its own.

To echo your words, I would not go there.

Fiddle as little as possible.

I would oppose a new namespace. Putting in either rif or OWL would be
arbitrary (though I wouldn't, myself, mind the OWL one :)).

As you pointed out, putting it in XSD is a non-starter.

Let the long international nightmare end! :)

Cheers,
Bijan.