Re: RIF Core and RIF PRD Schema ready

From: Changhai Ke <changhai.ke@fr.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:13:29 +0200
To: "Adrian Paschke" <adrian.paschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "'RIF WG'" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>, public-rif-wg-request@w3.org
Adrian,

I will have a look at those versions. But you did not react at my e-mail
sent some days ago titled "Flat schema for PRD". I think at this point we
can go for a flat schema, then we'll have more time to refactor the
schemas.

Hello,

I was developing a Java tool to parse the RIF PRD schema and validate the
instance documents. I had some problems to deal with the "redefines" (PRD
imports Core schema and redefines some elements) inside PRD.

So I have created a flat PRD schema, by merging the core schema with the
PRD specific one, then I was able to continue using this schema. I know
that I had proposed that PRD should include Core, but at this moment I
have no so much time to spend on this schema, and think that we could keep
the flat schema for PRD. Note that BLD already have a flat stand-alone
schema as well. Later on, we can refactor the schemas so that they are
clean.

I just want to let you know and hope that you are fine.

Changhai