Re: RIF Core and RIF PRD Schema ready

From: Changhai Ke <changhai.ke@fr.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:13:29 +0200
To: "Adrian Paschke" <adrian.paschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "'RIF WG'" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>, public-rif-wg-request@w3.org

I will have a look at those versions. But you did not react at my e-mail
sent some days ago titled "Flat schema for PRD". I think at this point we
can go for a flat schema, then we'll have more time to refactor the

I was developing a Java tool to parse the RIF PRD schema and validate the
instance documents. I had some problems to deal with the "redefines" (PRD
imports Core schema and redefines some elements) inside PRD.

So I have created a flat PRD schema, by merging the core schema with the
PRD specific one, then I was able to continue using this schema. I know
that I had proposed that PRD should include Core, but at this moment I
have no so much time to spend on this schema, and think that we could keep
the flat schema for PRD. Note that BLD already have a flat stand-alone
schema as well. Later on, we can refactor the schemas so that they are

I just want to let you know and hope that you are fine.

"Adrian Paschke" <adrian.paschke@gmx.de>
"'RIF WG'" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
16/05/2009 02:04
RIF Core and RIF PRD Schema ready
Sent by:

Hi All,
Together with Harold I have updated the RIF Core Schema:

I have then reengineered the RIF PRD Schema and finalized it:

It is a direct extension of the RIF Core Schema and validates correctly.
I have also fixed some bugs in the EBNF with respect to non-deterministic
content models.
Gary, Changai, can you please check.

Compagnie IBM France
Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 609.751.783,30 €
SIREN/SIRET : 552 118 465 02430