Re: Two issues with RIF-Core

Gary Hallmark wrote:
> 1. PRD prohibits member (#) in rule heads. Core allows it. I think
> Core must follow PRD here.

We resolved that Core should indeed disallow it for just that reason and
at one point it did. I don't know when the reversion crept in.

> 2. PRD and Core allow frame properties to be TERMs, i.e. Frame ::=
> TERM '[' (TERM '->' TERM)* ']'
>
> This is likely to be a problem for most production rule engines. It
> would be much easier if Frame ::= TERM '[' (Const'->' TERM)* ']'

Agreed.

Harold - will you make these changes or shall I?

[Note I'm on a trip Monday/Tuesday and won't make the RIF telecon.]

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England