W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > March 2009

[Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon 24 March

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:13:39 +0100
Message-ID: <3E5E1A634BBD5C4A94C4D4A6DE0852E726F1CA@parmbx02.ilog.biz>
To: <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
24 March 2009

*ATTENTION* telecon is 1h *earlier* than usual in *Europe*!
North America is in the summer time and Europe is in the winter time:
1500 UTC, 0800 (West US) 1100 (East US) 1500 (London) 1600 (Paris)

Duration: *90 min* (max. Probably more like 45 mn)

*Agenda summary*
1. Admin (5 mn)
*PROPOSED:* accept minutes of telecon March 17 [1]
2. Liaison (5 mn)
3. F2F13 [2] (5 mn)
4. Action review [3] [4] (5 mn)
5. ISSUE-92 [5] (N-ary builtins for strings) (5 mn)
*PROPOSED:* To keep the separation between preds, funcs, and individuals, but pred, func, external symbols can have multiple arities. Closing ISSUE-92 [5].
6. ISSUE-80 [6] (pre:literal-equal/pred:literal-not-equal) (20 mn)
*PROPOSED:* Have xpath-style-equals, xpath-style-not-equals, AND pred:literal-not-equal for non-identical-literals (eg for OWL RL). Closing ISSUE-80 [6].
7. rdf:text [7]-[10] (10 mn)
8. List data type [11]-[13] (20 mn)
9. ACTION-689 [14]-[17] (Coreifying SWC) (15 mn)
10. AOB

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/att-0035/03-rif-minutes.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/F2F13
[3] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/open
[4] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/pendingreview
[5] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/92
[6] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/80
[7] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/InternationalizedStringSpec
[8] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/86
[9] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/87
[10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/0099.html
[11] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/95
[12] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/711
[13] http://www.w3.org/mid/20090317032509.51624560%2540kiferserv
[14] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/689
[15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Feb/0010.html
[16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Feb/0011.html
[17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/0021.html

-------------------

*Detailed agenda*

Bridges: +1.617.761.6200 (US), +33 4 89 06 34 99 (F) or +44.117.370.6152
(GB)
Conference code: 74394# ('RIFWG')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #rif
Web-based IRC (member-only): [http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc]

*PLEASE POST REGRETS* TO [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/TeleconRegrets]

Chair: Chris Welty
Scribe: Stella Mitchell (alternate: Gary Hallmark)
See Scribes Ring [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/ScribeRing]

Please note that RIF WG telecons are for attendance only by Working
Group Participants and guests invited by the chairs.

1. ADMIN (5 min)

- Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
RIF Regrets Policy:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RegretsPolicy]
Using Zakim:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UsingZakim]
Telecon Etiquette:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/TeleconEtiquette]
Action/Issues Tracker:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/]

- Agenda amendments

PROPOSED: accept minutes of telecon March 3 [1]

PROPOSED: Accept minutes of telecon March 10 [5]

2. Liaison (5 min)

- Review active liaisons:
PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
OWL (W3C) - Sandro Hawke
HCLS (W3C IG) - Adrian Paschke
SPARQL (W3C) - Axel Polleres

3. F2F13 (5 mn)

- F2F13 updates [2]

4. Action review (5 mn)

- Review actions due [3] and pending review [4]

7. ISSUE-92 [6] (N-ary builtins for strings) (20 mn)

*PROPOSED:* To keep the separation between preds, funcs, and individuals, but pred, func, external symbols can have multiple arities. Closing ISSUE-92 [5].

6. ISSUE-80 [6] (pre:literal-equal/pred:literal-not-equal) (20 mn)

- From the minutes of last week [1], the only proposed resolution with only positive opinions according to the polls is the following (but Dave and Jos were not present and did not state an opinion about that option in there emails)
 * Option (1) would be opposed (-1) by Adrian, and option (0) by sandro;
 * option (2), preferred by Dave, has mildly negation opinions (0.5) from Gary and Jos, and slightly negative opinion (0.1) from Michael;
 * option (3), preferred by Gary and Adrian, has mildly negative opinions (0.5) from Dave and Jos.

*PROPOSED:* Have xpath-style-equals, xpath-style-not-equals, AND pred:literal-not-equal for non-identical-literals (eg for OWL RL). Closing ISSUE-80 [6].

7. rdf:text [7] (10 mn)

- The OWL WG would like to move rdf:text to LC [10]. What shall we do about ISSUE-86 [8] (rdf:text implies changes to SPARQL) and ISSUE-87 [9] (rdf:text re-interprets xs:string as a subtype of rdf:text)?

8. List data type (ISSUE-95 [11], ACTION-711 [12]) (20 mn)

- Discuss Michael's strawman proposal [13].

9. ACTION-689 [14] (Coreifying SWC)

- See Jos's emails wrt the difficulties [15]-[17]

10. AOB

- Next telecon: 31 March 2009 (*ATTENTION*: back to normal time; Europe moves to summer time on March 29)
Received on Monday, 23 March 2009 17:14:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:34:03 GMT