W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > March 2009

[Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon March 17 [*ATTENTION* time of telecon]

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:08:49 +0100
Message-ID: <49BE87A1.4000505@ilog.fr>
To: rif WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
17 March 2009

*ATTENTION* telecon is 1h *earlier* than usual in *Europe*!
North America is in the summer time and Europe is in the winter time:
1500 UTC, 0800 (West US) 1100 (East US) 1500 (London) 1600 (Paris)

Duration: *90 min* (max. Probably more like 45 mn)

*Agenda summary*
1. Admin (5 mn)
*PROPOSED:* accept minutes of telecon March 3 [1]
*PROPOSED:* accept minutes of telecon March 10 [5]
2. Liaison (5 mn)
3. F2F13 [2] (5 mn)
4. Action review [3] [4] (5 mn)
5. ISSUE-92 [6] [7] (N-ary builtins for strings) (20 mn)
6. ISSUE-91 [8] [9] [10] (bounded quantifiers) (20 mn)
7. ISSUE-80 [11] [12] (Should we extend DTB to include more general builtins?) (10 mn)
8. ISSUE-37 [13]-[16] (interoperation with XML data and XML Schemas) (20 mn)
9. ACTION-689 [17]-[20] (Coreifying SWC)
10. AOB

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/att-0035/03-rif-minutes.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/F2F13
[3] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/open
[4] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/pendingreview
[5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/att-0051/2009-03-10-rif-minutes.html
[6] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/92
[7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/0070.html
[8] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/91
[9] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/meeting/2009-01-14
[10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/0072.html
[11] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/80
[12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Feb/0128.html
[13] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/37
[14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/0069.html
[15] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/meeting/2009-01-14#Interoperability_with_XML___28_issue__2d_37_and_issue__2d_38__29_
[16] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF%2BXML_data-schema
[17] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/689
[18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Feb/0010.html
[19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Feb/0011.html
[20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Mar/0021.html

-------------------

*Detailed agenda*

Bridges: +1.617.761.6200 (US), +33 4 89 06 34 99 (F) or +44.117.370.6152
(GB)
Conference code: 74394# ('RIFWG')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #rif
Web-based IRC (member-only): [http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc]

*PLEASE POST REGRETS* TO [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/TeleconRegrets]

Chair: Chris Welty
Scribe: Leora Morgenstern (alternate: Adrian Paschke)
See Scribes Ring [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/ScribeRing]

Please note that RIF WG telecons are for attendance only by Working
Group Participants and guests invited by the chairs.

1. ADMIN (5 min)

- Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
RIF Regrets Policy:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RegretsPolicy]
Using Zakim:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UsingZakim]
Telecon Etiquette:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/TeleconEtiquette]
Action/Issues Tracker:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/]

- Agenda amendments

PROPOSED: accept minutes of telecon March 3 [1]

PROPOSED: Accept minutes of telecon March 10 [5]

2. Liaison (5 min)

- Review active liaisons:
PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
OWL (W3C) - Sandro Hawke
HCLS (W3C IG) - Adrian Paschke
SPARQL (W3C) - Axel Polleres

3. F2F13 (5 mn)

- F2F13 updates [2]

4. Action review (5 mn)

- Review actions due [3] and pending review [4]

7. ISSUE-92 [6] (N-ary builtins for strings) (20 mn)

- Find consensus on a resolution.  The options currently under consideration seem to be  (see also Chris's second summary, including proposed alternative resolutions [7] and whole thread):
  
  1. Make it clear this is only shorthand for the purposes of writing DTB, and 
     that all  rulesets must use a fixed arity function/predicate

  1a. specify one rather than n different functions. So, in the case of concat we 
      would only have a binary string concatenation function. Clearly all the others 
      can be built from this base case.

  3a. Remove all the well-formedness requirements. The same symbol can have 
      several arities, can be a pred, func, and an individual in different contexts.

  3b. To keep the separation between preds, funcs, and individuals, but pred, 
      func, external symbols can have multiple arities.

  3c. To keep things as before, but for external symbols to allow multiple arities 
      (and maybe even allow them to be funcs and preds in different contexts).

6. ISSUE-91 [8] (bounded quantifiers) (20 mn)

- PRD includes bounded quantifiers, at least for rule variables. Should Core (and BLD) include them as well?
  * Continue the preliminary discussion we had at F2F12 [9] (see also the thread started by Chris [10])

7. ISSUE-80 [11] (Should we extend DTB to include more general builtins?) (10 mn)

- Pass a resolution if consensus (see Chris's summary, including proposed alternative resolutions [12] and following thread)

8. ISSUE-37 [13] (interoperation with XML data and XML Schemas) (20 mn)

- We had an initial discussion at F2F12 [15] about the interoperation with XML data and XML schemas, where we discussed two strawman proposals were discussed. A new proposal has been published, based on these and further discussions [16] (see also csma email [14]), and ISSUE-37 [13] has been identified by the PRD TF as critical for PRD.

9. ACTION-689 [17] (Coreifying SWC)

- See Jos's emails wrt the difficulties [18]-[20]

10. AOB

- Next telecon: 24 March 2009
Received on Monday, 16 March 2009 17:09:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:34:03 GMT