[ISSUE-37] New proposal on RIF interoperation with XML data and XML Schemas

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:08:01 +0100
To: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
All,

</chair>

I have uploaded a new document [1] that contains:
- my new proposal for dealing with XML data sources and for importing data sources' data models as XML schema (closer, in the approach, to the way SWC deals with combining RIF and RDF/OWL; and compatible with it, as far as I can see);
- Gary's strawman proposal for mapping XML Schema valid data to RIF frames [2].

These are proposed resolutions for ISSUE-37 [3] (Interoperation with Object-Oriented XML (using XML Schema, like JAXB)). Mine would also resolve ISSUE-38 [4] (Interoperation with Arbitrary XML (like SAX/DOM)), I think.

Notice that the two proposals are orthogonal and not incompatible with each other.

ISSUE-37 is on the agenda for the next telecon. I will try to add some more examples in the document before Tuesday.

<chair>

Christian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF%2BXML_data-schema
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Oct/0046.html