Re: Presentation Syntax

> I think the origin of this thread was your proposal to use triples {a b c}
> instead of frames.

The idea (in my head, and in my implementation) was to support both
syntaxes in the PS; they would turn into the same XML.

> This is unacceptable because frames are not triples.
> You can have a[b->c d->e] etc.

As I understand it, the F-logic

    a[b->c d->e]

is equivalent to the Turtle

    {a b c; d e}

which is short for:

    {a b c. a d e}

and they would all three have the same XML representiation.

> Second, {...} is not a good syntax because it means sets. This is what I was
> planning to use for aggregates (I proposed this several months ago in an emai
> l)
> and for shorthands like  a[b->c b->d] == a[b-> {c d}]

CSMA raises one point about this in a separate e-mail; setting that side
and talking just about the use of the "{...}" delimiters, ...

Option 1:  {...} as a statement means it's triples/turtle/n3 inside, while
           {...} as a term means a set.

Option 2:  One or the other can use something other than braces

Option 3:  Give up on a single unified RIF Presentation Syntax; let a
           thousand (or at least 3) syntaxes bloom.

*shrug*

     - Sandro