Re: [Core][PRD] Definition of safeness

Hi Axel,

Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org> wrote on 16/06/2009 15:39:41:

> blowup for naive normal form DNF transformation is potentially
> exponential in the formula size... which makes me a bit nerveous, if the

> definition contains such a potentially expensive operation. Thus...

Hmmm... But why would the rule be actually put in DNF?

We consider only DNF condition formula, because it makes the definition
concise and easy to understand, and because we know that any condition
formula can be put in DNF, in principle.

But this is about defining the concept; it is not about specifying how to
implement it efficiently.

Christian

ILOG, an IBM Company
9 rue de Verdun
94253 - Gentilly cedex - FRANCE
Tel. +33 1 49 08 35 00
Fax +33 1 49 08 35 10

Compagnie IBM France
Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400
Courbevoie
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 609.751.783,30 ?