From: public-rif-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rif-wg-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Chris Welty
Sent: June 8, 2009 12:03 PM
To: Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)
Subject: quick fix for bld Groups (& core and FLD)?

The BLD eBNF says Groups can be empty - this is my recollection as well,
but
so-called "mathematic" syntax (2.3) and the semantics (3.4) do not
reflect this.

Assuming the possibility of empty groups is allowable, then:

* section 2.3 item 6 (Groups) shoudl be updated to say something like:

As a special case, Group() is allowed and is treated as a tautology,
i.e., a
formula that is always true.

* section 3.4 item 12 (Groups) shoudl be updated to say something like:

The empty group is treated as a tautology, so TValI(Group()) = t.

Michael is on vacation.  I'm happy to make the update myself but would
like a
nod or two from someone that empty groups are desired (ignoring the fact
that
several people don't want groups at all).

-Chris