Re: draft public comment for OWL last call from RIF

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:41:52 -0500
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
CC: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.manchester.ac.uk>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

I'm not current on the OWL spec so I don't know exactly what you mean by
"support" here.  RIF does allow for user-defined datatypes.  The RIF BLD
conformance clause paramaterizes RIF conformance wrt a set of supported
datatypes, however RIF does not provide any particular mechanism for defining
them, I guess we've been assuming users would use xsd for that.

-Chris