AW: OWL2 issues

From: Adrian Paschke <adrian.paschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:08:00 +0100
To: <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: M. Scott Marshall [mailto:marshall@science.uva.nl]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009 16:40
An: 'Adrian Paschke'; adrian.paschke@biotec.tu-dresden.de
Betreff: OWL2 issues

Hi Adrian,

I heard of a datatype incompatibility between OWL2 and RIF that could
result in conflicting implementations. OWL2 considers 1^xsd:integer to
be the same as 1^xsd:float whereas RIF sees them as different. Something
like that.. Is this already being discussed somewhere?

Also, from SWCG telcon minutes: "OWL 2 has a rule profile (OWL RL),
which is the fragment of OWL that can me implemented with a fairly
simple rule language -- it makes sense to have that profile specified in
RIF."

Should these things be noted in OWL2 Call for comments?

Best,
Scott