Re: ISSUE-88 (string subclass text): rdf:text document redefines xs:string as a subclass of rdf:text

Jos de Bruijn wrote:

> Rule Interchange Format Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>> ISSUE-88 (string subclass text): rdf:text document redefines xs:string as a subclass of rdf:text
>
> This is not entirely true.
> Section 3.1 of [1] states that "specifications that use rdf:text MAY
> choose to interpret the [string] datatypes ...

yes, the intention of the wording was to leave this to the
implementation, although I see that this might need more discussion.

> in a slightly different
> way".  So far, OWL 2 has opted to do so; RIF has not.

yes.

> This is a source
> of incompatibility that we have not really discussed so far, but we
> should discuss it together with the other sources of incompatibility
> (e.g., integer versus float) at the face-to-face.
>
>> http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/88

fine with me.

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,