Re: [Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon 6 January

From: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:58:41 -0500
To: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Cc: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:44:17 +0100
Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr> wrote:

> *PROPOSED:* Change all negative guards to return true only for literals that are not of the type, false for non-literals (closing ISSUE-79 [6]).
> *PROPOSED:* add isLiteralOfType and isLiteralNotOfType (based on resolution of issue-79) and remove specific type-named guards (e.g. isInteger, isNotInteger).

Proposal 2 seems to obviate proposal 1.

Proposal 1 has a problem of naming. If we use names like isNotInteger then
semantics in Prop 1  clashes with the mnemonic meaning of such a negative
guard. (A more accurate mnemonic would be isLiteralThatIsNotInteger). Proposal
2 does not seem to suffer from that problem.

michael