Re: [RDF-OWL] what if there are no graphs at import locations?

Then about SPARQL:
you were citing the wrong piece of text; it does not specify how the
default data set is obtained from the FROM clause.

The following text in section 8.2.1 does seem to support your argument:
"Each FROM clause contains an IRI that indicates a graph to be used to
form the default graph. "

one wonders, though, what it means for an IRI to "indicate" a graph.
Note that we are not talking about named graphs, but about RDF graphs
(which do not have a name).

I did not find any formal definitions about evaluating SPARQL queries
including FROM clauses, so I could really verify what they mean
precisely with "indicate".

Best, Jos

--
Jos de Bruijn            debruijn@inf.unibz.it