Re: [DTB] ACTION 704 completed

Jos de Bruijn wrote:
> Re: the first editor's note in section 3.1.1
>
> I believe the predicates should depend on a specific domain, and should
> be undefined if it is not the case that both arguments are in the same
> value space.
> This only becomes an issue, of course, if we decide to adopt these
> predicates, which is not something I support.
>
> <snip/>
>
>> 1) As noted in the editor's note, it seems to me that
>>
>>  pred:literal-equal
>>
>> is redundant. If that is untrue, let me know.
>
> this is not true (at least it should not be).  Equality in XML schema is
> not the same as identity.
>
>> Now here goes an example for the problem case, assuming disjoint
>> datatypes decimal and double (please confirm),:
>>   pred:numeric-equals("1"^^xs:double , "1"^^xs:decimal) = t
>>   pred:literal-equals("1"^^xs:double , "1"^^xs:decimal) = f
>
> literal-equals should behave the same as numeric-equals on numbers.  It
> seems to me that you made a mistake in the definition.

I tried to write down what we discussed, to get a better understanding
ofg what we want... it was/is not clear to me what you mean by "mistake"
at this point. If you think that literal-equals should do promotion,
that is one point of view, there might be others.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,