RE: [PRD] PRD TF telecon --> issues 63/65/62/66 comments

Christian: apologies I may be travelling when the PRD conf call takes
place... in case I am, here are some comments.
Cheers
Paul V

Issue 63: If RuleGroup == Ruleset, then surely this is not an issue (we
can use an alias if required, and also IMHO the typical use case for RIF
will be transmission of a single group of rules (/ruleset) making the
container specification less relevant).

IE. Agree to close issue.

Issue 65: Halting Test: this is an operational issue, which we could
cover in PRD with a "Halt" action (== Return etc). Specific actions for
PR engines to support in RIF PRD rules are for Issue 62...

IE. Agree to close issue.

Issue 62: PRD actions: the main ones I would be interested in are
associated with objects (create, update slot value, delete). A future
CEP-PRD dialect would also need consume (as in consuming events). The
"halt" action (per issue 65) could also be useful for exclusive rule
operations (ie: for behaviours like "run rules until I get a (first)
value, then finish").

Issue 66: PRD action semantics: I would expect actions such as create /
modify / delete to have an immediate effect (ie within the rule
execution cycle). Options on these semantics could be either additional
metadata for rules or rulesets (sorry, groups) or additional PRD
subdialects.